Over the last few years there has been much debate over the strengths and limitations of cloud and on-premise storage solutions, with many asking which is better or if one may be better suited to their needs? For many organisations, the perfect solution may lie somewhere in the middle with a hybrid storage solution that combines both the cloud and on-premise.
Since the advent of the cloud, it has undeniably transformed the way we do business and has delivered the ability to scale to new capabilities, business models, experiences and efficiencies across every sector around the world.
The cloud was once hailed as the only option for storing data and many believed it would remove the need for organisations to run their own on-premise servers or use data centres. But issues such as data gravity, latency, application dependency and compliance mean that in reality a large portion, in fact nearly three-quarters, of apps and data need to live in data centres or on-premise.
Once seen as outdated, on-premise storage and infrastructure is still a desirable option for organisations that need to how their data is being stored and where it is located or those that want the performance and security that on-premise storage solutions provide.
When the hybrid world came along, organisations no longer had to choose between on-premise solutions or the cloud, they could benefit from combining the two technologies to create a storage solution that gave them the best of both worlds.
Events in recent months have highlighted that organisations need to be able to adapt and move quickly to rapidly changing landscapes. HPE GreenLake brings the cloud experience to apps and data everywhere, enabling you to adopt transformative technology faster and simplify your operations with the security and performance of on-premise solutions.
Boost your Speed and Agility
HPE GreenLake provides centralised operations and insights across your hybrid estate from a single, easy to use and intuitive self-service platform which will not only help you streamline and simplify your IT operations but can also help you boost your speed and agility by:
- Transforming your apps: For cloud-native and non-cloud native apps alike, deliver agility to apps and data where they live, giving your developers the resources to work faster and smarter.
- Engaging your data for insights and service delivery: Create essential data and speed insights for your data science teams to unlock data’s value, helping you transform the services you deliver across your business.
- Speed insights and gain control: Put control and insights in the hands of those who need it: enabling you to showcase cost transparency and control with consumption analytics.
- Innovate faster: Free up your staff to better address business needs with technology and have more resources for innovation.
Scale your Business
Benefit from the agility and economics of the public cloud with the security and performance of on-premise solutions, HPE GreenLake can help overcome the challenges of moving data and apps and helps organisations run their workloads securely, no matter where they live.
Features of HPE GreenLake include:
- Ground-breaking metering technology: Support growth and unexpected usage spikes with a local buffer of IT resources and easy expansion into the public cloud if needed.
- Streamlined, automated management: Giving you a unified view of all your IT operations so you can provision, monitor and manage infrastructure with cloud-native controls.
Delivering public cloud services and infrastructure as-a-service for your workloads on-premises, fully managed in a pay-per-use model at the edge, in colocations, and in your data centre, HPE GreenLake enables organisations to rapidly deploy services, gain cost and compliance insights, and simplify management across their entire hybrid estate.
From real-time analytics and database platform operation to application and data protection, most modern business leaders favour on-demand consumption of their preferred outcomes, paying only for what they use.
Regardless of workload prioritisation, all IT departments require exceptional security and control, driving the need for an on-premises solution that delivers the flexibility and economic advantages of the cloud.
Watch our on-demand webinar to explore how HPE GreenLake can help you develop a cloud strategy, simplify your IT operations, give you better control of data and workload performance, security and compliance and reduce and align IT expenditure.
As an HPE Partner, MTI can add value to your HPE GreenLake investment by offering a complete solution perspective and delivery capability. For more information about HPE GreenLake and how MTI can help you, book in a call with one of our experts.