MTI Datacentre Infrastructure Design: Overview
Storage related concerns that are currently facing IT Mangers are:
- How to ensure the best technology with regards to the various business needs is implemented?
- How to build a secure and scalable storage architecture?
- How to integrate a storage platform into the disaster recovery plan?
- How to centralise & automate storage management?
- How to take into account the value of data according to its life cycle (DLM)
MTI Datacentre Infrastructure Integrate
In today’s technological world, an IT Infrastructure is an aggregation of different subsystems working together as a single system. The subsystems are composed themselves by many hardware or software components.
Because they support the enterprise’s applications, all these components - often disparate - must be linked perfectly together to provide the best level of service required by the business. A bad integration process will be a cause of failure or degraded performances.
The integration services is key in the infrastructure setup and optimization. Clearly a manufacturer is able to install and implement his own software or hardware. But what about a full integration within a global system of many heterogeneous different hardware and software components from multiple vendors?
The integration of various systems requires broad competences and huge experience in this domain. Know how to install and implement various products is absolutely not enough. How to link them, interface them with best performance, how to tune them all together is a key task to realize a successful project integration.
MTI Datacentre Infrastructure Optimise
In today’s business world, the IT infrastructure is a critical key factor for success. Infrastructures are based on dynamic architectures which are constantly evolving. Many IT infrastructures are currently not optimised. The result of which is a decrease in the global level of service granted to the customers and a significant increase in IT costs. Indeed, when infrastructure performance slows down, the typical reflex is to buy and add more components such as servers, storage, network devices. Some of these new investments may be unnecessary. “Optimisation” is a real cost effective alternative to new investments and allows you to get the best from your existing infrastructure.
An objective study of your infrastructure components and operational procedures can identify areas where your system is underutilised. Nevertheless optimising it is a significant challenge:
- Where do you start?
- Can my infrastructure be optimised in terms of hardware, software, processes, people to achieve the organisation’s goals?
- How can I be sure that these changes will deliver real improvements and not make matters worse?
- How to manage these changes with scalability, flexibility?
- What is necessary to optimise? Hardware & Software? Processes?
MTI Datacentre Infrastructure Design: Key Benefits
The IT organisations within MTI’s customers are managing rapidly changing business requirements, the explosive growth of data, coupled with the constraints that increased regulation and compliance place on the use of that data within their organisation. Business pressures also mean organisations have to maximise IT efficiency and reduce costs, both for staff and equipment. This means organisations are often resource constrained and need help to deploy solutions in a well organised, cost effective manner. MTI is well positioned to help companies manage these business issues with the key features and benefits of an MTI Storage Solution being:
- Scalability and flexibility
- Best in Class - innovation
- Multi vendor
- Multi product capability
- Price performance & low TCO
- Green IT (heat, light & power)
You may also be interested in our Data Migration